Monday, April 20, 2009

Coupons!!!!!!

I have just started using coupons to try and save some money. I tried to do this a while ago, but I was just overwhelmed by being so disorganized and I was poorly motivated. A couple of my co-workers are also collecting coupons to save some money, so we have enjoyed discussing the latest deals at the local grocery stores and drug stores. One of the grocery stores here had triple coupons for the weekend. I went yesterday and today. It is like gambling! I mostly purchased stuff that I needed but then I found myself buying fabric stain remover (I have 2 already stock piled at home) because I could get such a great deal. The store allowed you to use 20 coupons for tripling. I had 19 coupons that I had chosen to use and then I found myself frantically searching for another coupon that I could justify using too. Yes, I definitely need some chicken broth. I can't live without chicken broth. Must use one more coupon...Using coupons has really changed the way I shop. Previously, I would buy whatever I wanted and not obsess about the price. I would use a coupon if I had one, but usually I would forgot them at home. I had a lot of fun shopping and hearing that scanner beep and seeing all of those minus signs on my receipt. I was exhausted when I left the store, but it was well worth the extra time taken to peruse the store and figure out which coupons would help me save the most money.

1 comment:

  1. You are right. It has changed the way I shop also. I have shopped for years like you said buying what I wanted. Now I think about how much money I have wasted over the years. If I don't have a coupon,it makes me think twice and wait before I purchase.

    ReplyDelete