Thursday, April 9, 2009

Organizing shoes

My three kids all share the same bedroom so space is limited. One of the recent ongoing messes in their room is keeping their shoes organized. I had all of their shoes stacked up neatly on the bookcase at the end of the bed. "Let's knock the shoes off the bookcase" became a favorite game. I was spending entirely too much time looking for the mates of shoes and putting them back on the shelf. Visually, it was unappealing too. The bookcase is actually an organization cube with 9 cubes. We had it filled with books and we had used the cloth storage bins that fit inside, for toys and other things elsewhere in the house. The cloth bins come in different colors. I chose green, pink and blue bins which are also my kids' security blanket colors. I arranged the 3 bins in my kids' birth order from left to right. My kids are able to remove the bins themselves, and they like having all of their shoes in their very own bin. My 3 year old even put the bin back in the cube after she picked out her shoes. The cube storage system is also visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment